October 12, 2015

Fresh No-Cook Spaghetti Sauce


In the mood for something fresh, light, easy and breezy? You have to try this amazing, no-cook spaghetti sauce! A few days ago, a friend of a friend on Facebook posted a video from Food & Wine magazine that I saved immediately because I just knew I had to try it. You just use a box grater to grate tomatoes into a bowl, add a few other ingredients, mix it with cooked pasta and you're good to go. I thought it must be too good to be true, but I tried it for dinner tonight and I'll be danged if it isn't delicious! Here's the video:



And here's my take on it:


16 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked
6 to 8 large, ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half
3 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped


  • Grate the tomatoes into a large bowl with a box grater.
  • Add remaining ingredients, to taste, and stir. 
  • Toss with your spaghetti and serve.
  • Seriously, it's that freakin' easy.
  • Enjoy!


No comments: